Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Whoa, looking at the last post I seemed pretty desperate and I surely was. All has been rectified (many times over, thank goodness!). Hubby was glad to oblige and I was glad to accept. Yesterday was our 8-year anniversary and the day was absolutely lovely, not because of anything we did, specifically, but from all the wonderful things my hubby conveyed all day. The inside of my anniversary card says this (the little blurb he wrote in):

"My heart, my soul, my life...
I give to you always because
they are meaningless without you."

He pretty much spouted out things like this all day. It was wonderful!

Last Thursday, I celebrated my mother's sixtieth birthday by taking her to the nail salon for a couple hours of pampering. At first, she was resistant to the idea but soon fell right into the groove of things. She loved it! A manicure and pedicure at the same time. Talk about pampering! Afterwards, we were supposed to go to dinner but she wanted to wait until Sunday (yesterday). So, we all went to dinner to celebrate her birthday and our anniversary. The lady picked Applebees as her restaruant of choice. She had the honey grilled salmon (so did hubby). I had the ever fattening beer-battered fish and about a bucket of strawberry lemonades.

The evening was capped off in romantic bliss. We've said that we'll renew our vows at the ten year mark (if we don't put each other out, first) and go on a real honeymoon. Also, it will be the wedding I didn't have...I've already started looking at dresses. Gotta get this baby weight off!

No comments: