Thursday, April 20, 2006

Feeling like me, but not looking like me


I was digging around in my closet for spring-time clothes, gradually getting excited over all the cute stuff I have for this time of year that I love to wear. Then, I realized; my big butt won't be able to get a toe into many of these outfits for weeks. Weeks, I tell you! Ugh! I do not want to buy any clothes in a bigger size because my plan is not to be here for long. I've been working hard and things are happening, but not fast. Sadly, the work is slower because of holiday goodies. My resistance to things sweet has been pitiful of late so, in go the Cadbury candy eggs, jelly beans and chocolate bunnies. Not in excess, mind you, but enough to slow down progress. I've got to get my willpower back. When I have it, it's awesome! I can do anything! I rule the world! I gotta get that back, seriously.

I jogged a bit with my walk last night. I'm a little tender today, but not really sore (I'm sure that's coming). As I jogged (and sorry this is graphic but) the itching and burning of jiggling fat was almost unbearable! I could feel the exact places where too much was deposited: my hips, hamstrings, quads, calves, stomach, back, sides of arms and shoulders. Shoulders, no less! Who has fatty shoulders? Apparently, I do. Ewww! Oh, well. At least I'm doing something about it. I also know what happens and how I look (the final product). Look out halter tops! I'm coming back!

I've been amazed at my hubby's transformation. He's preparing for another bodybuilding show and looks good enough to eat. I didn't even know he could improve from where he was, but I see definition in spades all over. He's getting excited and I've asked him to let me know when he feels he's at his best so that I can take some photos...not just pictures, but kind of artsy. It's really a growing hobby and I've thought about investing money in a really good 35mm. Digitals are okay, but nothing looks as good as a picture developed from a negative. He's a great subject and takes commands well (hmm, what does that say about him?) My oldest is the same way. She takes amazing pictures. I even have a few of him that I want blown up to poster size and framed to put up somewhere in our home. I'm very proud of those pictures.

Nothing else really happening in my life...I'm just trying to get back to "me" as quickly as possible. We hope to get an air-conditioner installed in our home soon. It will bring up the value of our house and make my hubby so happy about not having to go up on the roof and service the swamp cooler. It will also thrill me because those dang things never seem to get cool enough for me. I know there's no humidity here, but it can still get damn hot. Swamp coolers...that's what we got out here in the dessert. They're really a pain in the butt, if you ask me but some people swear by them. I just hope we get the installation done before it gets really hot. This waiting on a friend of a friend to hook us up with a deal may get us into trouble. Hubby may have to get up on the roof in 90 degree heat and you know what they say, black attracts light (and heat). Oh, man!

2 comments:

Icey said...

The babe is realyl photogenic also. Well both of my girls are but the babe is just striking. When she was little she would be mid-tantrum but place a camera in sight and it would be pose, smile, flash and she would go back to the tantrum and the pic would be great!

Are you on a specific type of diet or one of your own making? Keep at it!

Enchantress said...

Hey, Icey! Glad to see you back. I'm sure you're happy the worst of tax season is over.

If you're "okay" with it, I'd love to see pictures of your babe! (I'd be happy to share pics of my own - ebonyenchantress5@yahoo.com)

I'm not on anything specific, just doing what I know works for me which is: watcing my fat and calorie intake, getting in enough protein and getting in at least three days of aerobics/weight training each week. My hubby (the trainer) says, it's 80% nutrition. That's my hang up, right now, but I'll get there. :-) Glad you're back!