Friday, August 17, 2012

My Oldest Turns Twelve

Where has the time gone? I know people say this constantly when they have children but, I'm really letting that idea sink in. Where did it go?! It was just a short time ago that I was burping and diapering that child. Today? I helped her apply her pressed powder and lipstick for the first time. Soon, she'll be posing for prom pictures. One day, she'll call and tell me she's engaged. Amazing!

The move is nearly here (we'll be moving into our new apartment next week). Here's the layout:

Square footage wise, it's lacking 200 feet from our current place; however, the layout is much better and we have more storage. I'm excited, but wish I had Samantha's method of moving things:





In any case, one week from today, I should be lounging in my new bedroom with my new furniture. We've sold our bedroom furniture of over ten years, along with our sectional couch and chaise and our dining room set. Hubby purchased a lovely wine/bar stand for the nook in our kitchen today. I can't wait to see everything laid out. We even have a nice, long hallway for our pictures.

School starts the day after Labor Day. This has been odd, since we probably would have had kids in school by next week (typically). Their summer break has gone on, it seems like, endlessly. Our district is starting them later this year than ever before (not sure why).

How am I doing with the workouts and weight loss? Initially, I had a terrible stall and couldn't seem to lose anymore weight. I wasn't sure what had happened. At first, I worried that the HCG from before had thrown off my metabolism and that I would not find a way to get the weight off again. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. I did question other reasons.Was I gaining muscle? Was I not drinking enough water? Did I need to increase my workouts to two per day? Nothing was working.

I made a decision during our trip to the lake that more weight training and less carbs were necessary. I know this works for me and I just need to commit to the lifestyle change. So, that's what I've done this week. Amazing! The day after my first low-carb meals and the introduction of my weight training workout, I lost two pounds. I know some of it was water, but that was motivation enough for me to keep going. Now, I'm nearly into a new bracket (I love when that happens).

I put together a calendar that I've been following and hope to follow for the next few weeks. I just have to keep reminding myself that what works for me may not work for everyone else. If I plateau, I have enough "Training" videos to help break it (at least, I hope I do).

I'd like to be able to get back into my 8s and 10s comfortably. I'm still maintaining in a 14 which is not cool at all. The good news is that my body is changing (I can see it) and now the weight loss is starting to catch up. Pray for me. I need it!


No comments: