Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Please just take care of you, before you find something else."

I'm a big girl again, these days. The distressing thing about it is that I'd gotten to a good size again and then the stress picked up at work. I'm certainly a stress-eater and I'm working everyday towards resolving these bad habits.

So far, I've worked out every day (accept Sunday) beginning Monday, July 9th. That's ten workouts. Sweet! I'm so proud of myself! I've noticed small changes and I'm really looking forward to the big ones. It's going to be a journey, but I'm confident I can get back into my "me" clothes again. The summer is probably a no-go for my cutie shorts and fabulous dresses, but I'll be able to sport my fall, sexy gear for sure.

It's good to have goals and I'll post them here for my own edification (and for a bit of accountability):

*By the end of July, I'd like to have lost at least five pounds or be back into a size 12*
*By the end of August, I'd like to have lost ten pounds or be back into my size 10s*
*By the end of September, I'd like to have lost fifteen pounds or wear an 8 or 9*

By the time my best friend arrives, I hope to be looking just as good (if not better) than when she saw me last. I also would like to continue the journey, even after she leaves. We have our big trip planned for next year and I'd like to be able to wear one of my bikinis that still has the tags.

I used to use the Daily Plate and I like that site, but I spend so much time on my IPad that I thought investigating an app would be the way to go. So, MyFitnessPal has been my go-to resource for the last little while. It documents my workouts, what I've eaten, my weight progress and water intake. I can even enter notes/journal entries.


The best thing is that it's free and I don't have to worry about paying for ridiculous upgrades. I was religious about documenting my workouts but only today decided that I will not add the time count. The system automatically accounts for the burn, so gives you the calorie deficit as more calories to consume. This does not work for me. Not only do I consume them, but I usually go overboard. The visual is powerful and seeing that I'm nearing the end of my allotment is a trigger. So, now I only document the workout in the notes. I hope doing this will make a difference.

In other news, my eldest had a sleepover last night with the neighbor girls. These are girls I don't know a lot about and my hope was just to give Z some more friend time while summer vacation is still in full force. Unfortunately, they were very loud and I didn't get much sleep. I did give Zaura the talk and I even heard her tell the girls a few times, "You guys have to be more quiet," but I already sort of new how the evening would go.

Basically, these girls are left to their own devices at home with their siblings, while the parents are away at work. My daughters have a lot of responsibilities. Not only that, we discipline our children. The girls that were over are pretty much free to do as they please. They are sweet girls, just more rowdy than Z's usual friends. I am actually planning on texting the mother of her best friend to see if she can come over today to play. Her energy would actually be a nice change.

With only 2 or 3 hours of sleep under my belt, I didn't have a good loss nor did I feel good when I started my workout. I've got to get better sleep (nap time today!) and drink more water (my sodium was way high, yesterday).

Finally, we're off to Lava Hot Springs again this weekend.
The last time, it was just hubby and myself. This time, we're going with the girls and meeting up with a couple and their kids. I think my girls will be totally amazed by these wonderful, healing waters. I'm considering doing my first Firm workout that Saturday morning, just so I can reap the benefits of the water before I pick them up regularly. Insane, I know.


No comments: