Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daughter Journaling - Day 4

I started the day by preparing breakfast for my kids (sausage, eggs and cinnamon bagel halves with margarine). She took her pill directly after that. Then, I shampooed, conditioned, de-tangled and plaited Zee's hair. I then spent the next hour and one half tree braiding (crochet braiding) extensions in, using loose hair. She loves it! She can't keep her hands out of it, even though I tell her it will just make it look raggedy faster.

After her hair was finished, we cleaned house. She was very helpful (but she usually is) and I got no argument from her (more unusual). Then, we went to lunch with dad. After lunch, it was off to the store and not one outburst the entire time we were there (or odd remark or behavior). A nice change, indeed! We then came home and both girls laid down for naps.

When they awakened, we went to the grocery store. Nice! No issues at all, not even arguing with her sister. I was so pleased. I really hope it wasn't a fluke.

When we cam home, I made my mother's rotel dip and then went to a friend's house to see the MMA fight. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't eat much but, I did enjoy myself. Zaura was picture perfect. Then, my friend broke out the Wii dance games. All was fine and dandy, until around 9:30 or 10:00pm. That was about when Zee became really rambunctious and loud. The first thing I thought: "The medicine has worn off." It probably had, but she was probably tired too.

A few more games on the Wii, then we came home. She was, sadly, in the midst of an asthma attack. I determined that my friend's burning home candle set it off. Whenever we burn a candle these days, which is rare, we only burn it for an hour or so. My girlfriend's candle burned the entire time we were there and there's no way to know when she first lit it. Knowing what we know now, we stick to the Bath and Body Works "WallFlowers" line. No smoke or fumes to inhale and irritate her lungs.

So, my recap for the day is that Zee did very well. Tomorrow is a church day and we normally keep things fairly mellow. I don't suspect I'll notice much. We'll see.

No comments: