Friday, January 27, 2012

Daughter Journaling - Day 3

Hubby and I met with Zee's teachers today. The meeting was very positive and her teachers (even before knowing about the meds) indicated that she was improving. A math score 20 points higher than she's received all year, a reading test with significant improvements. These are very good signs indeed!

Her homeroom teacher told us that Zee announced she was on the meds the other day. Mrs. S. is on the lookout to see improvements and give us feedback. I'll, of course, post anything she has to say here. She also clued me into things going on with the curriculum this week (beginning algebra concepts and Zee's Zimbabwe paper needing a cultural segment).

As for today's observations by my daughter, she alerted me that she was able to sit and be occupied for a long time during the science fair, yesterday. She received a small award for doing so today. Terrific! She let us know that, she wasn't very hungry at lunch; however, after a bit of probing, she told us that the menu consisted of a hard chicken patty, celery with dip and cake for dessert. I think it was more likely she didn't want to eat the choices presented. Who would?!

We'll be able to observe her tomorrow and Sunday for the entire twelve hour block. I'll be doing her hair (crochet braids using Toyokalon rather than pre-braided hair; my first attempt) and the process can take a while. She's pretty good with me, now that she's older, but I'm curious to see if the meds change things. We also have church on Sunday, usually followed by family activities. I hope I'm not viewing her as a guinea pig too much, but the good things that can come out of this have me so psyched! Until tomorrow...

No comments: