Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meetings and Returning to Normal

Last week, I was on lock-down for work. We were in the midst of marathon-long meetings. Talk about being exhausted! There just weren't enough breaks during the day and I will definitely sneak away more in February (when we do this all over again).

I would leave the house at 6:30am (which means I was up at 5:30am. Not that unusual for me, but still pretty early.) I would then drive the 35 minutes or so into town to the conference/hotel location. We would eat breakfast, then begin our meetings for the day at around 8:30am. By noon, we would eat lunch, then be right back into our sessions. At 5:00pm, dinner would be served then either back into sessions, a presentation or some sort of planned event (I did win one of the raffle prizes; an iPod shuffle...nice, but I already have two and a Nano...oh, well).

By Saturday, I was completely wiped out. When I finally got home Saturday afternoon, I took a much needed nap. Boy, was that nice! I actually looked forward to my regular (?) work week (still getting used to that schedule, too).

The family has invited a slew of friends over this weekend for a fish fry. Not only will we have fish, but hubby has requested my "famous" fried chicken and savory, summer pasta salad. I will also make my Kahlua cake and chocolate chip cookies for the kids. Since I'm still not eating sugar or starches, I'll have to fry up my fish without the batter. That should be interesting. I have to say, though, I don't mind...especially if it keeps me in this size 6 I'm currently wearing.

I will be one cooking fiend! It should be fun and we'll all be out on the deck, enjoying each other's company. There will be a bit of liquor on flow, so I hope nobody gets too crazy (my mother will be there, after all). Saturday also happens to be a Utah holiday. I'll say this; most people are not found "drinking it up" on this particular day.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Seems like the season for conferences

I did a bit of googling. . . whoa. Utah is a unique place. Enjoy!

Miss Construed... said...

hey M

dont wipe yourself out girl...


Love rn x