Friday, September 15, 2006

Hooray for Rain


It's raining, here. Okay, it's really raining, here and I just love it! I woke up to thunder and drove the babe to school watching lightening flashes. It was wonderful. Work is starting to ease up a bit, but my coworker is currently vacationing in Las Vegas, so that leaves me: the one woman show. Oh, well. I've really relearned a lot of things and it gave me back the feelings of why I like my job so much.

So, I'm still tracking down a Halloween costume for the babe. I was bidding on a witch costume, then a lady bug costume. Now, I'm waiting to see if I win a Rapunzel costume. It occurred to me that she's been digging the fairy tales again, lately. I've collected quite a few books and DVDS, and now we've been watching them again. Recently, we watched Faerie Tale Theater's, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. So, there's the theme, I guess. If I lose out on this auction, on to another fairy tale character.

We have to buy another car seat for the baby . Oh my Lord, she is so big! She's sitting up on her own, so the reversible seat is just not getting it anymore. Recently, I took her into the store (sans car-seat) and had her sit in the cart. She loved it! The little victories in life when children are growing up. Next, it will be holding her little hand as we walk to and fro. Oh!

Nothing planned for the weekend, just hanging out at the house. I do need to buy the babe some black dress shoes (can't wear the white one's anymore, I guess). Where did that Labor-Day thing come from, anyway? I just wear white and say, "It's winter white" and that usually shuts people up.

Here's a question, were you surprised by the Bobby/Whitney split? We've been talking about it here at work. The catch phrase for everything lately has been, "Crack is whack!" Oh, we just have way too much time on our hands.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey

Its been raining down here as well!
In one day we got 122 mm of rain- the most rain to fall on a single day in Sept in Australia in over fifty years.

What's going on with the weather??

Dee said...

For a second there I misread lady bug and thought you said "bag lady" and I was like, "why can't you just make that costume". Anyway, hope the rain doesn't get out of hand. Too much of a good thing, ya know.

Enchantress said...

They say the poles are switching...seriously...they're switching. Too wild! I also think that the tsunami from a couple of years back has had an effect on the weather everywhere. Hoping another one doesn't hit like that.

Ha! I feel like a bag lady everyday (purse, lunchbag, laptop bag, candy bag). Somehow, though, I don't think the babe would go for it...not girly enough. ;-)

Miss Construed... said...

Freaky!

I don't know if the poles are switching or perhaps changing. I had a dream the Earth tipped from East to West and they became the new Poles. It happened really quickly, too!

Ps I feel for you with the shiftworking Hubby- even tho my own Hubby works days; it must be hard sometimes.

x