Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day to Hump Day 2012

My Mother's day was lovely! Hubby surprised me Saturday night with purple orchids. Purple! My favorite color! They're gorgeous, and don't require a lot of care. Talk about taking everything into perspective. This guy is good! I tend to kill plant life, so my orchids only require six ice cubes per week. I think I can handle that. (wink, wink)

On Sunday, we all went to church together. Hubby took his sister some of the prettiest pink roses I've ever seen, and presented my mother with red roses. I made my mother her favorite dessert which made her extra happy. After church, hubby had to go get his first work out in (Yep! He's training again) while the girls and I went to breakfast. What a fiasco that was! We drove around town for thirty minutes before we finally decided on a a "hole in the wall" restaurant we'd never tried. It was the only place that didn't have a line hanging outside of the door.

The restaurant in question was actually one town over, but boy oh boy were we happy we found it. The atmosphere was very "homey" and the food was definitely prepared with love. I had a waffle, two scrambled eggs and bacon. The girls each had eggs, hashbrowns and a big scone. Our ticket was just a bit over $12 total. Seriously! We will be going back again in the near future, you can bet on that.

After breakfast, the girls and I came home to rest. I headed to my room to work on a project on my computer while Indy and Zee chalked the walk outside. Hubby arrived about an hour later and took us shopping. I left the store with some fierce Steve Madden sunglasses. Thanks, hubby!

Off to dinner at Texas Roadhouse! We arrived to find my mother's car in their parking lot, so we sat with her and my sister. Now, normally I would have just been fine to sit behind them but my mother insisted that we find a bigger table. It was Mother's day, so I granted her request.

My sister wasn't in the best of moods and I could tell everything my hubby or I said rubbed her the wrong way. Oh, well. I was happy to have a steak and a big-ass margarita to comfort me. We left after an hour or so and came home to a family movie. It really was a great day and I'm so glad I got to share it with the people I love.

The week has gone okay thus far. I am still on the hunt but no one is calling. Hubby keeps telling me not to stress. So, I'm not stressing...just trying to do my part. I don't want it ever said that I just sat back and waited for God to work. I know he expects me to contribute. My faith tells me that he has it already in mind and he will present it when it's time.

Happy belated Mother's day to all the moms, would-be moms and moms in training!

No comments: